• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Having a really bad day

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NA for this tread, I just randomly picked at category.

My brother, with whom I share a birthday, but three years apart, is in the ICU at a local hospital. He is on life support from complications of what is tentatively believed to be flu but the doctor's are all uncertain...all kinds of tests are being done. His lungs have shut down and he had surgery today to switch him to a process where his blood is oxygenated outside of his body. They have induced a coma and will not bring him out of it until they can determine that his lungs are healing...anywhere from two days to two weeks from now. They won't give us odds or anything else.

His very long term girlfriend and his 7 year old son were also sick, but they appear to be recovering. However, my 80 year old mother and my other brother are also now sick and up until 5 minutes ago I was maintaining but I am losing it now. Both my mother and my other brother are fighting medical attention. My sister forced my mother to the doctor today but she is fighting taking the medications prescribed...my other brother won't go to the doctor.

I am scared to death. Please pray for my family.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NA for this tread, I just randomly picked at category.

My brother, with whom I share a birthday, but three years apart, is in the ICU at a local hospital. He is on life support from complications of what is tentatively believed to be flu but the doctor's are all uncertain...all kinds of tests are being done. His lungs have shut down and he had surgery today to switch him to a process where his blood is oxygenated outside of his body. They have induced a coma and will not bring him out of it until they can determine that his lungs are healing...anywhere from two days to two weeks from now. They won't give us odds or anything else.

His very long term girlfriend and his 7 year old son were also sick, but they appear to be recovering. However, my 80 year old mother and my other brother are also now sick and up until 5 minutes ago I was maintaining but I am losing it now. Both my mother and my other brother are fighting medical attention. My sister forced my mother to the doctor today but she is fighting taking the medications prescribed...my other brother won't go to the doctor.

Oh hon I'm so, so sorry. All of our love and prayers are with you and your family. Holding you up as much as possible.

Love,

Us, the crew and the zoo. x

Just Blue

Oh Sweetie, I am praying for you and yours. So sorry you are going through this. Blessings to you Hon.

Silverplum

Absolutely will pray for all of your family, and for you to gather the strength to run this gauntlet.

Poor L, I wish I could hug you and make food. Remember to sleep when you can: staying up and worrying doesn't help them or you. :)

Last edited:

Rwedunyet

hugs and prayers from NC as well.

Silverplum is right, remember to sleep. I have found that a hot bath and a cup of hot (decaf) tea really helps....

OHRoadwarrior

Honey, you are approaching this from a sense of personal responsibility. As you know I am seriously screwed up. I have accepted that good people are subject to Gods Master Plan and destroying yourself with worry, when you should instead be in a state of acceptance to God's Plan is counterproductive to your mental health.

God Bless

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I have often said you are an annoying little sister to me even though you are probably older. We argue back and forth like siblings and such... Please know, you and your family are in my thoughts. I hope NO HARM comes to them. I really do. If you need me, PM me. We seniors are bitchy, argumentative, pathetic and what not, but I will honestly say, I think of you as a little sister and as much as you drive me insane at times, I want only the best for you.

csi7

I hope everyone heals 100% from this health scare.

Know you and your family are in everyone's prayers.

RRevak

Sending positive energy and love your way. Its tough but you know everyone on this board is here for you. You'll be in my thoughts

justalayman

I'm not good with words when it comes to things like this but don't take my lack of comforting words to indicate any less support for you and family. I hope all are ok.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">