• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Having child with woman during her divorce.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Charlescox85

What do I need to do if I'm having a baby with someone getting a divorce? They've been separated over a year. What would be asked of them in costudy terms even if child does not belong to Ex/husband???

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What do I need to do if I'm having a baby with someone getting a divorce? They've been separated over a year. What would be asked of them in costudy terms even if child does not belong to Ex/husband???
What US state?

In any US state, the husband would be the legal father of the child, unless efforts were undertaken to disestablish paternity.

ETA: The phrase your looking for is not "ex" anything. He is her estranged husband.

LdiJ

To do it properly, the pregnancy and the fact that her husband is not the father should be dealt with as part of their divorce...so that the divorce decree states that he is not the father of the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">