• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Having my phone call witnessed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

I am working make my next move as informed as possible before I do it, and I wlll decide when I will do it. Comments such as this are not helpful to me now, and unprofessional language such as this reduces your credibility in my eyes.
I suggest you go back and re-read thread. You have been advised over and over what to do. Sooo...yeah "poop or get off the pot" is where it stands now. :rolleyes:

ETA; Read the TOS.

spflanze

The letter I said I sent to the Harbor City Police Station earlier in this thread was finally responded to today by call from a detective. The detective said it took a long time to respond because she had been on vacation. Her instructions to me are to visit the police station and file a Theft by Trick report. I intend to do this as soon as I can which will be tomorrow.

So now I will wait to see what will happen with that report, and I will do as the detective who handles this report directs. I will not, for now, do this witnessed call. I thank all who have contributed to this thread. I do appreciate them, and I learned a lot. I am sure there are many who have participated or watched this thread about what happens with that report. So I will keep this thread updated about it.

Last edited:

quincy

The letter I said I sent to the Harbor City Police Station earlier in this thread was finally responded to today by call from a detective. The detective said it took a long time to respond because she had been on vacation. Her instructions to me are to visit the police station and file a Theft by Trick report. I intend to do this as soon as I can which will be tomorrow.

So now I will wait to see what will happen with that report, and I will do as the detective who handles this report instructs. I will not, for now, do this witnessed call. I thank all who have contributed to this thread. I do appreciate them, and I learned a lot. I am sure there are many who have participated or watched this thread about what happens with that report. So I will keep this thread updated about it.
We appreciate this latest update, spflanze. I think holding off on any phone call for now is smart.

Your thread will be kept warm for your return.

We also appreciate the thanks, so thank you. Good luck.

spflanze

Today I went to the police station and filed the Theft by Trick report. At first the desk officer told me it was a civil matter and to sue in civil court. Fortunately I had the name of the detective that told me to file the Theft by Trick report, and I gave him that name. He called that detective and she confirmed to him she told me this. The desk officer then created the report.

The desk officer recommended I send a text message to the swindler’s phone that asked for the money to be returned. He said that text message hardcopies are admissible in court. I do not have a cell phone. There is a way I can send an sms text message from my email account:

[Link removed]

But I need to know for sure if text messages between an enail account and cell phone will be just as admissible. If it is I think this is the best way to get evidence on him.

This, by the way, is why I do not have a cell phone:
[Link removed]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">