• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Having trouble filing a UI claim in Illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Illinois

In Illinois, unemployment insurance (UI) is administered by the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES).

In theory, IDES allows applicants to apply for UI online, at the following website:

https://benefits.ides.illinois.gov/Benefits/

I logged into my account on the above website, filled out all the forms, hit the final submit button, and was told that there was an error with my request. The error was not specified.

I went through this cycle a few times.

Is anyone else on this forum having trouble with filing an online UI claim in Illinois?

quincy

I believe every state has been experiencing issues with their unemployment systems due to the overwhelming number of people applying for benefits.

Your Governor added additional employees to help with the claims but apparently glitches remain with logins, status updates, unreasonable denials, etc.

Keep trying. You might take some comfort in knowing you are not the only one who has experienced problems.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is also a massive national unemployment scam going on. Some states are being hit worse than others but all states are being hit as well. As a result of this many states have drastically slowed down approvals to make sure the claims are legit. I don't know offhand if Illinois is one of the states that's being hit hardest, but all states are affected to a certain extent.

PayrollHRGuy

I have to log into the employer side of multiple state UI systems every day and in all cases I've seen the same thing you are seeing. The system is simply overwhelmed.

I'd suggest you try late at night.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">