• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He Didn't Pay!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lunafate

Florida

Here's the deal:

I design websites from home.

I recently had a client request a website. I had said client sign a contract stating that the total was due 50% upon signing and 50% upon completion.

This contract also states that, should said client choose to cancel our agreement, it must be done in writing within 30 days and that he agrees to pay $25/hr for all work completed prior to his cancellation request.

You can view the contract here (all names/pertinant information have been removed) http://www.lunatechpc.com/contract.htm

He signed the contract July 23rd. My husband dropped by to pick up the contract as the client's fax machine wasn't working. At that time, my husband asked for a check for the initial 50% and was told (oy vey he bought this) the check was in the mail.

Now I have a signed contract and NO MONEY. I've put in about 16 hours of work on this website, with emails back and forth from the client with suggestions/changes to the work in progress. AND NO MONEY!

I have attempted calling/emailing the client, with no success. Do I have any recourse?

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! lol

L

lunafate

Thank you for your response!

As soon as I mentioned small claims court, suddenly the client called, saying: ''i just got back from being out of town and just got your messages...."

to which i said..."Cash will do nicely, thank you."

JETX

Suggestion... in the future do NOT start any work on a new project until you actually have the 50% in hand.

Also, always create a 'backdoor' to allow access to your websites.... so that you can alter or remove if the client doesn't pay the last 50%.

D

dubhloaich

Community Policing in Houston

Hey Halket,

Though of you last night while I was listening to the news on National Public Radio.

Attention K-Mart Shoppers, please come to the parking lot for an extra special "community policing" Blue Light Special.

:D

L

lunafate

wait wait wait..is this the freeadvice forum or fark.com? ~thinking she took a wrong turn somewhere~

~wanders off laughing and shaking head~

D

dubhloaich

More like Charlatan.com

Sorry to crash on your "stiffed" thread, but it was the first place I could find where my old buddy Halket was the last to post (ensuring that he'd be e-mailed that he'd gotten a response).

We had a little discussion about the general integrity of the police in the South and Midwest and he'd rather defensively brought up the wonderful community policing program of the Houston Police Department.

Suffice it to say he was about as pleasant and helpful for me as he was for you in this thread.

Nothing quite like stating the obvious, Halket.

But, I'm glad to hear you got your cash, Lunafate.

L

lunafate

dubhloaich-

thanks for the note.

don't worry about crashing my thread...i was enjoying your comments.. nice to see someone is alive out there.

and my comment about fark.com refers to this link, which i believe you will find as endlessly entertaining as i did.

D

dubhloaich

Fark

Well, that's pretty frenetic.

Although it helped me figure out why I haven't heard back from his sarcasticness. He's probably out trolling for work among the arrested.

I figure he's generally got a pretty slow practice since he's had time to post almost 6,000 snide remarks.

Do you have to belong to Fark? I tried to go to www.fark.com and couldn't access it.

L

lunafate

You don't have to be a member to read the posts. ~not sure why url didn't work~

If you go to fark.com and scroll to the bottom, there is a link to show the past 7 days archive.

Just do a FIND ON PAGE for Kmart. You'll get there ~grin~

And if he's looking for work for wrongfull arrest, my vote is to drum up the 10 year old that was having dinner with dad- that's one kid who is pretty easily defended...lol

D

dubhloaich

got it

I was able to view the posts, I was just trying to find out some information on the site, but I found the icon labeled "new to Fark" and that got me where I wanted to go.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">