• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he is over $9,000.00 behind...help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in north carolina and the absentee father lives in massetusettes(?). he is,as of 4-30-01 $9,294.36 behind. i am looking for information on what steps i have to take and how to go about them to have him under the 1998 federal law. i would like to start now with the $5,000 federal case and if unresolved by the $10,000 mark go to the next level. please let me know the steps i have to go through and who i have to contact to get the "ball rolling" so to speak. thank you.



My x is also in excess of $9,000 behind in child support, and the first place I started because I couldn't afford a private lawyer was to go to our local child support enforcement agency, it was a little slower but I am now receiving an extra $100.00 a month on the current amount to help pay it off. I know it's not much but maybe you will be more succfull with the amount. as it is my girls will be in their 20's before its all caught up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential