• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He kicked me out, took my vehicle and denies me access to my kids and my belongings!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eerelations

Visit a domestic violence shelter in Paris. There are three there. Damascus House is your best bet. They have advocates on site who can hook you up with financial resources such as food stamps, medicaid, Section 8 housing, etc., as well as provide you with a list of pro bono or low cost family law attorneys in your area (who will also be able to file the pauper's oath in order to waive court costs).
...except there's no domestic violence.

Just Blue

Visit a domestic violence shelter in Paris. There are three there. Damascus House is your best bet. They have advocates on site who can hook you up with financial resources such as food stamps, medicaid, Section 8 housing, etc., as well as provide you with a list of pro bono or low cost family law attorneys in your area (who will also be able to file the pauper's oath in order to waive court costs).
Please re-read the thread and all of OP postings....When you do that please relate what you deem to be DV. OP's BF is a jerk...a wicked jerk. Still not DV.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Please re-read the thread and all of OP postings....When you do that please relate what you deem to be DV. OP's BF is a jerk...a wicked jerk. Still not DV.
And Bambi means the Massachusetts definition of "wicked", not the Tennessee definition.

Meaning he's a jerk and really annoying, not that he's up to anything particularly heinous/evil.

Just Blue

And Bambi means the Massachusetts definition of "wicked", not the Tennessee definition.

Meaning he's a jerk and really annoying, not that he's up to anything particularly heinous/evil.
:cool:

Yes in MA the term "wicked" kinda means "very". In the OP's situation I meant he is a very big jerk. And he is per OP postings...But it still not DV.

Just Blue

Agreed BUT it sounds as if there is domestic abuse (economic abuse) which can be addressed by a domestic violence organization.
BTDT with financial abuse...what OP has posted is not it. She has been given all options on page one of this thread and on two she was concerned at the lack of understanding of the members that responded.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He told me to leave. Which isn't the first time. I stayed for a few days because I thought it would blow over. After a period of time of him verbally telling me over and over that I'm not welcome, bringing dinner home for everybody but me. Making arrangements for somebody to be at the house for our kids when they got off the bus, even though I was still there. I asked him why, he says because he's hoping every-day when he leaves for work that I wouldn't be there when he got back. THEN I left. Like I said, only so much a person can take! So, yes he kicked me out (not by force) but I eventually made the decision to leave. So, however you want to look at it.
YOU chose to leave. I am not seeing domestic violence. I am seeing someone who is playing a victim. How many times have you called him names or raised your voice? Do you work? Or do you just expect him to support you?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Agreed BUT it sounds as if there is domestic abuse (economic abuse) which can be addressed by a domestic violence organization.
Nope. What you have is OP relying on her boyfriend to support her and her choosing not to get a job. That is not abuse. That is financial inequity. She didn't say that there wasn't food in the house for her to eat but rather that he bought take out for him and the kids and not for her and she didn't think that was fair.

CdwJava

...except there's no domestic violence.
Many shelters (including Damascus House from what their site says) offer services to homeless women OR those who have suffered DV. In my experience, women's shelters tend not to make a requirement for services that the woman be the victim of a legally defined DV.

Justaguyguy

Paris Tennessee

My On again off again partner in a 10+yr relationship and I have 3 kids together. On April 9th 2018, he kicked me out of our shared home and continues to deny me access to our children, my vehicle and most of my belongings. He took all of my resources! In my opinion, in the attempt to gain the upper-hand! Let me start by saying that I have not done anything to cause this to happen. I've never cheated or lied or stolen or ANYthing of that sort. He is a narcissistic and a major control freak. I was unaware until we already had children. Now he just uses them as leverage! I believe this is because I just started working again since 2009. He use to complain how I never contributed but now that I have a job, its that Im never there and he has to now work 2 jobs. I think hes trying to "show me" how much he does for me....and how much he can take away!!

He has moved a lot of my personal belongings (clothes, toiletries etc.) to a storage facility which is already full of stuff belonging to my kids and myself. But, the storage unit is in his name. He has offered to bring the storage balance current, put it in my name and pack and move the rest of my things there, himself. In exchange.....he keeps any household items, furniture etc. that he wants! He would also be willing to store the furniture that's sentimental to me in his house until i get "situated"! 80% of everything there is mine already and the rest we acquired together! We moved into that place together in 2014. I believe we HAD a lease but we are currently just on month to month.

The truck (that he is keeping from me) was purchased specifically for me. I have always been the primary driver. But, it's titled in both of our names. He owns another truck that has been his daily driver!

He has a daughter(17)from a previous relationship which ended with him spending 4 years in prison for assault with a deadly weapon(i believe). He reentered her life when she was approx 6. Together we have a son (9) that we have joint custody of, and a set of boy/girl twins (5) that I have sole custody. They have all lived with us... full time.

He has put me in such a position by taking all my resources that IF i were to get someone to drive me to pick the kids up, i would have no place to take them that we could stay and I feel comfortable with it! I have had very minimum contact with our kids since April 9th. A couple phone calls and text messages. I did attend a school event called "muffins with mom". Supposedly they missed the bus and he carried them late, causing our already short 30 minute breakfast to an even shorter 10 minutes. My kids were very upset when I had to go. Especially my 9 year old. This is obviously not what is in their best interest!. I have sent several messages to his phone. I talked to him this morning (April 21) on the phone and he said no, i could not see them. They were busy. I could see them in a couple of weeks when he's had time to get a few things in order!

I have never had to be apart from my children and see no reason i should have to be now! At this point I have NO clue what to do. I have VERY limited resources. It seems he's holding all the cards**************.Meanwhile, I was unaware we were even playing a game! :(

I started working again since 2009. I believe that to be the cause of him kicking me out. He's afraid of me being financially stable! He wanted the upper-hand. It's disgusting!!! I have no clue what to do! Help??

I feel your pain. I’m in the state of TN and it’s set up for whomever files the complaint first and seeks an order of protection. The other party is left for absolute XXX. Regardless of what the truth is, no one will care. It’s bad, I’m sorry you too have to experience this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">