• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carp3417

What is the name of your state?fffMinnesota

I was hired 4 months ago as a full-time permanent employee, I was told that after 90 days I would be eligible for health benefits. My manager knows I was hired as full-time permanent, but the owner of the company says i am part-time and not eligible for benefits. I work 5 days a week 8 hrs a day. Do I have any say in this or can my employer say whatever they want? Is it likely that I might get fired or laid off if I pursue and complain about this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since we don't know what the definition of a full time employee is in the insurance contract, there's no way for us to answer this question. Granted, 40 hours a week is considered full time in most insurance contracts but the law does not mandate that this be the case.

On what basis is the owner saying you are part time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">