• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health ins enrollment time limit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nvloitos

What is the name of your state?
I live in Texas. I recently took a job where insurance was not available to me for 90 days after my start day. After 90 days I was given insurance enrollment papers to fill out and accept or decline coverage. I did not submit these forms before I was in an accedent and in the hospitol. Is there any chance for me to be covered?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are still within the time frame that you were given to submit the enrollment forms, then you can still be covered. But if the time frame you were given to turn them in is expired, then it's very unlikely that the carrier will pick you up at this time. In fact, depending on the type of plan, if the enrollment period has expired the carrier may be legally blocked from picking you up until the next open enrollment period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">