• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health ins.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bry2254

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
Just got laid off after 15 year's, and the employer said while we are off, you have to pay your own health and dental?
I think I know the answer, but I will ask=is this right, and can they do this if they have said you will be hired back when thing's pick up?

Thank's Bryan

TinkerBelleLuvr

Yes, they can. You can continue to carry COBRA for 18 months after you are laid off. Now, if you have a spouse who is working, you may be able to switch coverage to the spouse if they can carry health insurance.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is nothing in the law that requires them to continue paying your health insurance during a period of layoff, even if you are subject to recall. They may do so if they choose, but the law is not going to compel them to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">