• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health insurance after 2 weeks notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

analeonard

What is the name of your state? PA

I want to quit my job and will give them 2 weeks notice. If they tell me to leave that day will my insurace be up that day? Will I be covered for the 2 weeks? My company only has about 10 employees, so I don't think they need to offe COBRA?

Also, in my contract (I am in sales) it says that the commissions are paid after they receive the payment from the client. I have a few orders that we have not received the payment for, am I covered with my commission?

Thanks!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Whether your health insurance will continue if they tell you to leave that day depends entirely on your plan document. In some cases it's the last day you actually work; in others it's the last day of the month in which you have your last day of work. In my experience it's about 50/50 which of the two ways it can go. The law does not dictate it either way; it's strictly an insurance contractual issue.

I'll have to let someone else handle the commission aspect. Unless you're asking if your health insurance will remain in place until your commissions are all paid, in which case the answer is no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">