• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance Cancellation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Meaghan

What is the name of your state? California

Recently my mom had surgery to remove a brain tumor, and while she was recovering my dad was in charge of the bills. He failed to pay his health insurance for July and the insurance company said that they would be reinstated in August. When the insurance company was contacted around the first of the month they said that my parents would not be reinstated now until January. My dad has kidney problems that need to be taken care of before then. Can the insurance company choose not to reinstate them for a few months? Is there something that they can do if my dad needs care immediately?
Thanks,
Meaghan

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Are we talking individual insurance or group insurance from his employer? If group, are his shares of the premium taken out pre-tax or post tax?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">