• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance cancellation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

worker11

my employer in arizona has cancelled my health insurance benefits. the cancellation is due to a clerical error on their part, yet they refuse to reinstate my benefits. i have not been offered any alternative plans, and was not informed of the cancellation until the policy had already been suspended. is this legal? is there any legal recourse?

JETX

Were you paying premiums during this 'outage'?? If so, then you are subject to their return.

Or, did you suffer a claim only to find that you were not insured. If so, then you may have a valid claim against them.

If you weren't paying premiums, you have no claim since providing insurance is NOT a employer requirement.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">