• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HEALTH INSURANCE CLAIMS UNPAID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mhww

I have over $11,000 in medical bills incurred from July to December 2000 here in Indiana. The insurance company informed one of the providers AND me that "YOUR EMPLOYER HAS FAILED TO PROVIDE APPROPRIATE FUNDS TO PAY FOR THIS CLAIM. The provider is demanding payment from me to keep the account in good standing. I BELIEVE THAT OUR POLICY IS A FORM OF SELF INSURANCE COVERAGE PROVIDED BY THE EMPLOYER THROUGH AN INSURANCE ADMINISTRATOR.
When I asked the controller of my employer (who handles the premium aspect for the company) what was going on, he said that, "the insurance company had overcharged the employer, premiums for employees that had been terminated. Our employer refused to pay those additional amounts, but did pay amounts sufficient to cover all of the claims for last year." In succeeding months, he has told me that, "the administrator of the insurance program is awaiting funds to be released from the re-insurer."
I have not seen any further action on my claims being paid, even though the bulk of them are 4 1/2 months old. On most of these claims, I have paid the 20% of the providers bill, while awaiting the 80% to be paid by the insurance company.
I have no idea how much of my bills I actually owe because I was approaching my out of pocket limitation.
What can I do to retain my good credit standing?
How can I force my employer to pay these bills soon?
How can I be assured that once they are paid, any overpayments the doctor receives are promptly refunded to me?
How am I entitled to recover damages for possible interest charges, damages to my credit, and telephone and mailing fees to remedy this situation?
How can I prevent further damage to my professional career from this episode if I decide to quit my job?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">