• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance/Collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whiskee

What is the name of your state?

California

I was treated by an in network chiropractor from Oct-Dec 2001 (12x). In error I paid $15 co-pay each visit ($195 total). Insurance processed 3 claims correctly as in network; 9x processed incorrectly as out network resulting in a $300 out of network deductible. Insurance requested biller to resubmit claims as in network. Biller’s verbal proposal to me: Rather than resubmit as in network, he would accept $195 as paid in full. Biller refused to place proposal in writing. Biller claims provider is not in network. Biller did not honor his word and sent me a $300 bill threatening to send me to collections in 30 days, then 2 days later threatening to send me to collections in 10 day. Later, biller offered another proposal as a compromise: Biller would accept $155 ($150 in network deductible which they claim I haven’t met, but insurance confirms it is met) otherwise collections for $300 will be pursued. Due to biller’s incompliance to resubmit, insurance recalculated 9x claims as in network. Biller has sent my bill for $450 + $36.37 interest (for what I don’t know. Original bill was for $300) to collections. On 4/3/03 or 4/4/03 I expect a letter from the insurance verifying the provider is in network and all EOB’s.

I fear that even with Unicare’s letter of in network verification, the biller will not remove my account from collections as he is determined to make things as difficult as possible for me by ruining my credit report. This battle has been going on since Dec 2001. Biller has not refunded insurance overpay and has $195 from me. Insurance states my responsibility $114.94. Thusly, provider owes me a refund of $80. How can I make biller remove the increasing collections account and refund my payment?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Whiskee

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">