• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance Company - Chapter 7

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

laganal

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

:confused: The health insurance company at work stopped paying claims in September/October 2002. We recently found out that they filed Chapter 7 and apparently weren't even licenced in NJ to sell insurance. Anyway, several of our employees (including myself) have unpaid doctors bills. We all understand that we are liable for the balances, how ever, we have all been paying 35% of our individual premiums. I have submitted my Proof of Claim to the Bankruptcy Court but according to the Trustee there are so many no one will be compensated.

My question - knowing that I am going to eat the medical costs incurred. Is it possible to sue or expect compensation from my employer for my percentage of the premium I have paid. September to April 2003 (when we went with a new company) I paid nearly $1000.00 into my coverage. :confused: Is the company liable? And if there are any problems with my employment if I go after the money would I have a case?

We all feel as though we were taken and I personally doing all the bookkeeping and hr am dealing with angry people every day.

Please advise. Thank you for any assistance you may provide me! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">