• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance coverage changes during inpatient stay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bdun

My son is in a drug rehab facility. At the time of his admission my health insurance covered 120 day inpatient stay (he was precertified) However, my insurance coverage is changing 1/1/02 and the coverage will be only 75 days. (which he will surpass in 2001) On admission he would have been covered until feb/2002..will his coverage fall under the old policy(120 days) or the new policy (75 days) We live in NC and he is in a facility in FL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That is a question only your insurance carrier can answer. It's not mandated by law. Most plans I know of will accept the plan that is in place when the in-patient stay first begins, but that doesn't mean that every plan will do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">