• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance declined

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ccr39

State of South Carolina. I have been on my mother's state health insurance until May of this year. I applied in May 2001 for health insurance and received a letter yesterday (July 17) declining coverage. Only reason given for decline was: "Due to information obtained on medical records." I called issurance company and was told they could not tell me on the phone why it was denied. I called again to ask for information on how I could get a "written" explanation of why I was declined. I was told I would have to ask my doctor. I said that I had asked my doctor and he said he saw no reason for the denial. (Briefly, symptoms started when I started on a new medication. All MRI testing was negative--nothing physically wrong. Doctor suggested stopping medication and see what happens. All symptoms stopped when I stopped medication. This was a year ago.) Now the health insurance company is telling me they can't give me any more information other than what was in the letter. Is this correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">