• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance Denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lindsayilene

What is the name of your state? Michigan

2 years ago I was involved in a rather serious auto accident, which shattered my ankle. I will probably be in my Dr.s care for the rest of my life with this injury.

After completing 30 days at my new job, I applied for health insurance. The PPOM company denied me, because Michigan has some type of law regarding "exclusionary waiver". Basically, they told me that I can never get health insurance in the state of michigan as long as this exclusionary waiver law exists, or until my Dr. signs off on my ankle. Apparently, Michigan is the only state that has this law. This law is nonsense, since my car insurance company is obligated to pay for my ankle treatments for the rest of my life.

I want to write my congressman to get this law changed, and make my local news aware of this law. I would like the case law so that I can fully understand the scope of this law. Could someone please provide me with this case law, or point me in the right direction to look?

Thank you so much for your time.

Souix

lindsayilene said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

2 years ago I was involved in a rather serious auto accident, which shattered my ankle. I will probably be in my Dr.s care for the rest of my life with this injury.

After completing 30 days at my new job, I applied for health insurance. The PPOM company denied me, because Michigan has some type of law regarding "exclusionary waiver". Basically, they told me that I can never get health insurance in the state of michigan as long as this exclusionary waiver law exists, or until my Dr. signs off on my ankle. Apparently, Michigan is the only state that has this law. This law is nonsense, since my car insurance company is obligated to pay for my ankle treatments for the rest of my life.

I want to write my congressman to get this law changed, and make my local news aware of this law. I would like the case law so that I can fully understand the scope of this law. Could someone please provide me with this case law, or point me in the right direction to look?

Thank you so much for your time.

**Right at the top of this site is a yellow bar. Click on State Resources**

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">