• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance for People living outsied USA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Eva J. Gotlib

I have a Health Insurance plan for people living outside of the USA, where you cannot live or work in the USA. However we are US citizens living in Guatemala City, Guatemala Central America.

Recently, I had breast surgery to remove a breast mass, which was benign, this left my breat scared and deformed. After checking with my policy and with my agent here in Guatemala, I was told that cosmetic or plastic surgery was not a part of my policy, and indeed the policy says so.

However, I feel that what I need is reconstructive surgery, to repair the damage done. Therefore, I would like to know my options. My policy is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware.

Thank you.

E. Gotlib.

M

mary ray

I would suggest you going to see a plastic and reconstructive surgeon and have him give you an opinion on whether you need to have reconstructive surgery. If he believes that you are indeed a canidate for reconstructive surgery then he'll know the procedures to go through. At one time BC/BS used to be the "gold standard" but they are no longer. However, they can be very tough on such procedures. You'll need to show that there is some medical need Ie.pain, continued risk of cancer etc. Having had several family members who actually had to have this procedure as a result of pre-cancer the process can be very frustrating. But, if the surgeon is good at what he does he can "jump through the hoops" and get this done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">