• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance jurisdiction - which states?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wweinstein

What is the name of your state? Maryland
What determines whether or not a state law mandating certain health care coverage will prevail when the contract excludes this coverage and is signed by an employer in a second state? Does the contract issuance location or the state where the affected employee lives and works govern? RM4

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In my experience, if the policy excludes X procedure but there is an employee in a state where X procedure is mandatory, that employee and that employee only can get that procedure paid for. But I don't know for certain if that is law or if I have just worked for/with amazingly cooperative insurance carriers. It may depend on how the policy itself is worded.

Try calling the state insurance commission for the state that mandates the procedure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">