• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

geolaw

My wife is currently 36 weeks pregnant. Our health insurance is through her employer. She has FLMA coverage until 5/11. We just got a letter from them that effective 4/13 health insurance for all "hourly" employees is being discontinued.

I have been on the phone to a million different people. Cigna tells me that I have to contact the plan administrator at her employer, her employer says that after 4/13 there is no coverage, period. NY Insurance Dept refers me to the US Dept of Labor, us dept of labor says that them discontinuing her insurance is not a qualifying event for COBRA.

People have told me that there is a law which makes CIGNA responisble to continue the coverage through the delivery, but the do not know the name of this law. (DOES IT EXIST?)

I am scrambling with my employer (I am 1 of 4 employees) to start up health insurance effective 4/1. This should not be a problem setting it up, but what the he!! - I have already paid all my deductables for CIGNA for the year.

What are my options here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">