• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance not paying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mom5367

What is the name of your state? my state in pa. i got a letter from an esq that i owe 11,466.00 in medical expenses not covered by my health insurance. i believe it's from a unwilliness to pay for a certain medication that may be considered experimental although i've been getting it for years. i know my doctor would consider me infactory to other medications used to treat my blood disorder. if this is the case and they are not willing to pay for my medication, how to i fight the insurance company to pay?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
First thing you need to do is contact the insurance carrier; find out if the bills were ever submitted to them and what the outcome was. If they were indeed not paid, ask them what the reason for non-payment is. Then come back, tell me what they said, and I'll take you onto the next step.

(If they said the bills were never submitted, which is also a possibility, get them submitted pronto!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">