• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scottsmith86

Just have a quick question, my parnter is on my Health Insurance through my work. He saw a Dr. and we then submitted the bill to the insurance company and they only paid 182.00 of the 500.00 bill. He has not paid the balance and the Dr. submitted the bill to collection under my name and against my credit. I never saw or stepped foot in this Dr.'s office. I am being told by the collection agency and the Dr.'s office that because I provide insurance to him that I am responsible if he does not pay the bill. Is this true? I find it hard to beleive if it is. That is like saying that if you give someone a butcher knife for Christmas and they kill someone with it you are responsible. I don't feel that just because he has insurance through my employer that I should have to be responsible for any bills he does not pay. Any thoughts? Thanks much!!!! Scott

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">