• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance policy change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tsable

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My employer recently changed the policy for my health insurance, but all the notice they claim to have given was to tell the stores (I work for the Gap) to tell the employees that the new enrollment period had come. My premium went up, my copay went up, and the amount they covered went down - specifically for an outpatient service at the hospital that was covered 100% the plan now only covers 90%. I found this out in the form of an unexpected bill from the hospital. Shouldn't I have received notice of the changes, or a new benefits explination? I called and was told that finding out the changes was my responsibility because they had done their part in telling the stores to tell employees about the new enrollment period, even though I never even received that notification. Now I'm stuck with the bill!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Are you telling me that you wouldn't have had the treatment if you'd known about the benefits changes?

T

tsable

Probably not. My husband, who is a dental student, was concerned about wrist pain he was having and the doctor prescribed an MRI and a bone scan because they might be more detailed that the xrays. The MRI we would have still done and is also still covered 100%, but the bone scan is just a more lengthy, detailed, and costly xray. Being that my husband is a student, our finances are very stretched and we would have had to forgo the bone scan because of the cost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">