• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lama9956

What is the name of your state? Missouri, I found out today that my company offers health insurance to office personel but not to anyone else. How can a company single out certain employees to offer health insurance and exclude others.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The law does not require any employer to provide health insurance benefits at all. If he does so, he may elect to offer it to only certain classes of employees.

It is perfectly legal to offer insurance only to office personnel. Having established that office personnel are eligible, what would be illegal would be in singling out certain office personnel and telling them that they are not eligible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">