• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance Upon Retiring from Federal Government

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mqflowers

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA. My husband retired from the federal government after 35 years of service. He had a break in health insurance coverage in 2007 because my job offered us health insurance free of charge. After I was laid off, my husband reapply for health insurance through the government.

Per some kind of government rule, they are stating that my husband can't have (and pay for) their insurance because of the break in coverage in 2007.

What a rip off. Now we have to look for other insurance and, of course, pay a higher premium and the benefits are no where as good as what he could get from the government side as a retiree.

Is there anyway that we can challenge this?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">