• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

David McMichael

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Illinois
my son required medical assistance. I consulted his doctor and she advised that I take him to hosptial and she would arrange his booking which she did. he received the necessary medical assistance and was released as an out - patient. the hospital service was approved by my health provider. during my sons stay in hospital his doctor visited him several times. I received a substantial billing for these visits ($1220.00) which I filed with my health provider for payment. they declined payment on the basis that the service at this hospital was all inclusive per their contractural arrangement with that hosptial. they also stated in their statement to me that the patient was not responsible for any additional charges. the doctors office is now chasing me. I have called them on several occassions and even written them enclosing the statement from my health provider. they have not given me any responses to my inquiries and now have sent me a 15 day notice threating to charge me 33% collection fees which will impact my credit standing for 7 years.

what do you suggest I do?

Regards,

Dave

ALawyer

Write -- or get a lawyer to write -- a joint letter to the doctor and the insurance company setting forth what the insurance company reported to you and stating that if the facts are different from what was stated the parties are directed to advise you and otherwise, as a man in the middle, you will bring suit aganst both of them, including charges for bad faith, and you'll let them fight it out.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If the facts in your post are correct it is also possible that the insurance carrier may be willing to assist you. Call the carrier and ask to speak to someone in the Provider Relations department. Often they will be willing to write directly to the carrier on your behalf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">