• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ken grasso

W
hat is the name of your state? new york
question? is there any law that applies in new york state that there is a maximum amount of money that an employee can take from someones pay for there contribution to health insurance?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
They cannot take more than the cost of the premium. Other than that, I'm not aware of any limitations. Remember that an employer is not required to provide health insurance at all.

Beth3

I believe there is a requirement in NY that the employer provide a short-term disablity benefit paid for by the employer. It's been a while since I had any employees in NY however.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
NY is one of the very few states with a mandatory disability program, but that's completely separate from health insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">