• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

speedcam

What is the name of your state? wisconsin

i was curious since i carry health insurance on my wifes 3 kids through my work, if there was anything stating that my work can go after her ex husband for the 1/2 he has been ordered to pay. the reason i ask is that he has not paid anything since September 2001 through present after being court ordered to do so. the porblem i foresee is that it does not come straight out of my paycheck, it has been figured into my "salary" and comes to about $21,000.00 a year for the five of us. broken down he would have to pay about 300 a month for his half after taking the difference from what it was before we got married and subtracting the additional amount for her. or does this seem like a lost cause?

thanks

speed

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm confused. Is he ordered to pay 1/2 of the premiums, or 1/2 of the bills?

dequeendistress

I do not believe it will be your employers responsibilty to obtain payment ordered thru the courts between yourself and your ex. The courts is where I believe you will have to go with your problem. The only time I can think this would not apply is for a garnishment order thru the employer on the employee for child support (OCSE)in which the employer is required and obligated to withhold the child support.

speedcam

when my wife got divorced she had primary custody, since then we have gone back to court and they now how 50/50 placement. he then was ordered to pay half all medical bills , insurance ( health & dental) for the three children. now that we got married she does not have insureance through her work , it is now through my employer. he has refused mail from us thining ( his excuse) they were bill collectors. what we were sending him were receipts of medical bills and incurance for the kids. we now are required to send another copy to him before court again next month. now on top of it he is fighting child support that he has NEVER paid, but still says he is taking them to Texas this year for vacation. which brings me to this next question.. doesn't he have to get the "ok" from my wife before he can take the kids out of state?
Dequeendistress. its not between me and my ex. it's between my wife and her's.. =)

ok i hope this cleared something up. thanks again.

speed

haiku

speedcam said:
when my wife got divorced she had primary custody, since then we have gone back to court and they now how 50/50 placement. he then was ordered to pay half all medical bills , insurance ( health & dental) for the three children. now that we got married she does not have insureance through her work , it is now through my employer. he has refused mail from us thining ( his excuse) they were bill collectors. what we were sending him were receipts of medical bills and incurance for the kids. we now are required to send another copy to him before court again next month.
***this is a contempt of couirt issue between your wife and her ex, NOT your employer, she will need to provide proof of payments and coverage, and his lack of reimbursement for such.***

now on top of it he is fighting child support that he has NEVER paid, but still says he is taking them to Texas this year for vacation. which brings me to this next question.. doesn't he have to get the "ok" from my wife before he can take the kids out of state?
Dequeendistress. its not between me and my ex. it's between my wife and her's.. =)

***Visitation and support are seperate issues so his lack of support and desire to take the kids to Teaxs have nothing to do with each other.

An NCP can do whatever he likes during his time with the children, including vacation out of state, without permission or interference from the CP.****

ok i hope this cleared something up. thanks again.

speed

speedcam

"***Visitation and support are seperate issues so his lack of support and desire to take the kids to Teaxs have nothing to do with each other.

An NCP can do whatever he likes during his time with the children, including vacation out of state, without permission or interference from the CP.****"

Haiku...... i realize they are different issues and i understand that. this i am not questioning. the thing my wife and i have the problem with is the fact that he will be taking the kids out of state on "our" days with the kids. besides the fact two of the three want nothing to do with him and refuse to go. which we told them that on his rightful days they should be with their father, simply for the fact he is their father. so my only real other question would pertain to your last part where you state he can do what he likes.

how can he unless he brings them back on .say wednesday and leaves friday again to return saturday morning. then he can leave sunday night again as long as he has them back wednesday afternoon again.

see confusing ain't it.... he has them Monday * tuesday, they come home on wednesday afternoons are with us thursday & friday and rotate every weekend.

according to the court papers he can not take them more than 150 miles without 48 hours notice...( which doesn't happen anyways) and can not leave the state with out 30 days notice and if the kids are involved ( as we understood it from the judge) they both have to agree and he has to have them back on her days.

this is why i ask...... it seems to me this would cause alot of strain on the kids and cause more problems than any good.

thanks for the advice and thoughts though.

speed

speedcam

i simply asked if my employer could go after my wifes ex for the 50% of the insurance premium that he was ordered to pay, even though i do not have it taken directly out of my paycheck. see what happens is the figure out a salary then find out how much the insurance will be and add this to the salary. and that's what i get paid. so say i'm making 40 grand a year and the insurance is 21 grand, thay have it figured as a salary of 61 grand a year. i just never see the 21grand.

speed

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">