• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AWILCZ

What is the name of your state?IL
hi, i waived child support but said my ex was required to pay health insurance and that we were to split dental, medical, vision and orthodontia out of pocket expenses....he lost his job but maintained health insurance, at least i thought so until everything went crazy after 5 yrs of relatively quietness....then my daughter needed to go to the doctor and he then informed me last year this time they were not insured, soooo i of course added them to my insurance and have incurred the 60.00 a week since march of this year, plus she needed glasses 205.00, my son has to see a dr monthly and his rx together is 75 bux a month.....of course i am not being reimbursed for any of this which basically adds up to 315 a month and now in december 2 of my children need $500 worth of dental work. i continually send him copies.....what if anything can i do about this? i cant rely on him to make sure they have health insurance so i took care of it because they cant be without it...does anyone have any advice? or do i have pay another 2thousand just to get the amount he owes me now?
thanks
~aim

lejeff25

That is the exact thing going on with my husband and his ex wife. She will not carry insurance and won't reimburse him. He thought he was being nice at the beginning. But here it is 3 years later and she wants more visitation and is behind $5,700 in insurance reimbursement child support. Go back to court now and get it ordered or else you will never see it and you could end up back in court anyway.

AWILCZ

when we got divorced in '01...in our divorce papers it is stated that he is solely responsible for health insurance, we equally pay for out-of-pocket medical, dental, vision and orthodontia and that child support is reserved------so it is court ordered i think....its just that he failed to provide them with insurance and i myself have had to have 2 back surgeries soooo i know how expensive it would be if something happened to them without it so i added them to mine and i just have it deducted from my paycheck, and it hasnt been so bad since we used to get along, now that things have been crazy, he was never working so he would have them during the day while i worked so i saved on daycare and he would take them to the dentist and the dr. with my insurance cards....unfortunately i relied on him for the information also so now I have just found out about things the kids need that have gone unfixed like cavities and that for 2 years which is going to cost 500 bux....i just dont know how to get reimbursed for all of this now

brisgirl825

AWILCZ said:
when we got divorced in '01...in our divorce papers it is stated that he is solely responsible for health insurance, we equally pay for out-of-pocket medical, dental, vision and orthodontia and that child support is reserved------so it is court ordered i think....its just that he failed to provide them with insurance and i myself have had to have 2 back surgeries soooo i know how expensive it would be if something happened to them without it so i added them to mine and i just have it deducted from my paycheck, and it hasnt been so bad since we used to get along, now that things have been crazy, he was never working so he would have them during the day while i worked so i saved on daycare and he would take them to the dentist and the dr. with my insurance cards....unfortunately i relied on him for the information also so now I have just found out about things the kids need that have gone unfixed like cavities and that for 2 years which is going to cost 500 bux....i just dont know how to get reimbursed for all of this now
Take him to court for contempt and petition for cs.

AWILCZ

thats what im wondering about...do i have to pay the 2grand to the lawyer like a whole custody issue or can i call the states attorney, cuz i look at it like ok do i pay 2000 dollars to get 900 or more...or can i get some pro bono help somewhere?? im lost

brisgirl825

AWILCZ said:
thats what im wondering about...do i have to pay the 2grand to the lawyer like a whole custody issue or can i call the states attorney, cuz i look at it like ok do i pay 2000 dollars to get 900 or more...or can i get some pro bono help somewhere?? im lost

CSE can help you, although it can take awhile. If you don't have the money to pay an atty, it may be worth the wait for you.

If you are confident enough, you can get the forms online or at the courthouse and file yourself. This type of case is easier than arguing custody issues so it will not be too difficult. If you go that route, a paralegal can help you fill out the forms for very little cost.

brisgirl825

AWILCZ said:
not to sound too stupid but what is a CSE?
Chils Support Enforcement. Every state has a different agency. In Ks, it was the Court Trustee's Office who was the child support enforcers. In Tx, it's the Atty General's Office. I don't know what they call it in your state, it could very well just be CSE.

I will do some research for you and see if I can't find a website.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">