• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joypopek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

I was fired from my job back in Dec 08 after 33 years of service.
With that amount of service I choose to retire & I was eligible.
But with that I needed to cover my husband & kid with health insurance my insurance was free so I decided to pay the $400 a month till I found another carrier. I found somebody else to carry the insurance for them so I quit paying the premium on them well I just found out today that my insurance has been dropped as of 5/1/09 because of non -payment. That also includes me even though my insurance is free I need to appeal this decision & the woman on the phone said it was unlikely that they would go back to May 1 for me. Can they do this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Free health insurance? That sounds very unlikely. Where was this free insurance coming from?

ecmst12

I haven't worked for Aetna for 10 years, but when I did, it was in the AT&T division, and they did in fact offer 100% premium paid insurance to their employees and retirees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">