• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ChristineN

my health insurnace provided by my company is a managed care provider, based in northeast indiana. in aug 2000, i requested insurance approval for bariatric surgery. i have been denied 3 times and have gone through an appeal hearing. the first 2 denials were sighted on 2 issues. 1)not medically necessary and 2) ic27-8-14.1 which states; for which nonsurgical treatment that is supervised by a physician has been unsuccessful for at least 18 consecutive months. through the appeal process they dropped the not medically necessary.

i want to do one last appeal befoe i agree to do the 18 month physicain supervised diet requirement. i found a clause in the indiana bill 212 which the 18 month requirement is drawn from and hope that it is an out for me.

section 4 senate enrolled act no. 212
(b)ic27-8-14.1,as added by this act,applies to policies issued,delivered,amended,or renewed after june 30,2000.

my policy was renewed january 1,2000 & i requested insurance approval in aug 2000, does this axonerate me from ic27-8-14.1? (18 consecutive month physician supvised diet)

my policy is renewed every january 1, & my first denial was january 2001.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">