• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

QUATRINA

my spouse's insurance company is delaying of a claim due to the fact that they state my condition is pre-existing. the insurance company requried that i provide a certificate of credible insurance.Is this true and can the insurance company deny my claim and make me wait thruthe pre-existing period, and what are my recourses if i become sicker leagally. I reside in Alabama.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is perfectly acceptable for them to require a certificate of creditable coverage. If you cannot provide proof of prior insurance, they may consider a condition pre-existing for no longer than 12 months. (Some states may require shorter periods.)

Is this new insurance? Or are you perhaps newly married? I can give you additional info, including where to get the certificate, if I have a little more information. Did you have prior insurance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">