• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cali2004

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I am trying to buy some term life insurance...one thru AARP that asks very few questions.

I have had a liver transplant 15 years ago and am in very good health. I do not even take anti rejection meds, and haven't in the last 10 years.My doctors have told me I can expect to live a full life, and certainly live to see my grandchildren. I am 50.

I have not been in the hos[ital for over 5 years and that was stomach problems.

O
I have answered all the application questions honestly but am a little confused on 1.

It asks if I am being treated for a chronic liver disease. I have not had any liver related problems in over 5 years. Can I honestly answer no to this question?

They also ask for my Dr.s info so I feel i would be OK applying for this.

I would not want to pay on this for 20 years or so and then when my children file a claim upon my death have them find out the insurance co. would not pay if they found out I had had a transplant.

I would really like an insurance agents take on this. Thank-you,

ecmst12

IMO the best way to answer the question would be to say what you just said: You had a transplant 15 years ago, have recovered completely with no complications (lucky you!) and do not take any medication or receive any treatment currently. If you have regular checkups for your liver function, note that too. They're going to find out anyway so might as well be as honest as possible.

Betty

I'm not an ins. agt. but I am a former/retired life ins. underwriter. I agree with ecmst12. You should note you had the liver transplant with the date, that you are currently on no meds & doing well. If you see your personal physician for regular/routine checkups, list that also along with date last saw & the doctor's name & address.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">