• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Healthcare Coverage Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t74

Is there not a federal agency which would address this type of a problem? I would expect a better response to the government than to a private attorney.

Rdp31783

Is there not a federal agency which would address this type of a problem? I would expect a better response to the government than to a private attorney.
My attorney said he would take the case but first I should speak with the labor board in my state to see if they could intercede and used the term sanction, which I plan to do today. They would know if a federal agency would be necessary I believe but even though my HR lady told me I did not qualify for COBRA the third party they used send me a COBRA packet. Which solves one of my issues. Now the retroactive claims will be the focus. I’ll see if the employee should be at fault due to their incompetence and how they’ve handled this situation as a whole.

t74

My attorney said he would take the case but first I should speak with the labor board in my state to see if they could intercede and used the term sanction, which I plan to do today. They would know if a federal agency would be necessary I believe but even though my HR lady told me I did not qualify for COBRA the third party they used send me a COBRA packet. Which solves one of my issues. Now the retroactive claims will be the focus. I’ll see if the employee should be at fault due to their incompetence and how they’ve handled this situation as a whole.
It sounds like a good plan.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is a Federal agency that oversees COBRA but they oversee a great many other issues as well and tend to pass it down to the state. Private attorneys can provide a faster response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">