• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Heard from Insurance after seeing a Lawyer????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jontue

Hi, just a quick question. Last week we turned everything from my daughter's car accident over to an Attorney. We haven't signed anything from him yet. He was going to make copies of things and draw up the paper work. Well today the other person's Insurance Co. called first time since we rejected their last offer a month or so ago, saying he was calling to settle this settlement. Should I have asked him what $$ figure they came up with this time???? All I did was tell him they took way too long and we got an attorney last week and gave him the name and number. Should I call him back and ask or is that tooo stupid??
Thanks,

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jontue:
Hi, just a quick question. Last week we turned everything from my daughter's car accident over to an Attorney. We haven't signed anything from him yet. He was going to make copies of things and draw up the paper work. Well today the other person's Insurance Co. called first time since we rejected their last offer a month or so ago, saying he was calling to settle this settlement. Should I have asked him what $$ figure they came up with this time???? All I did was tell him they took way too long and we got an attorney last week and gave him the name and number. Should I call him back and ask or is that tooo stupid??
Thanks,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dear Jontue:

You responded to the call correctly. You hired a "mouthpiece" to put a buffer between you and "the hastle". Let your attorney do the negotiating, and always USE your attorney to make any decisions. DO NOT do anything without consulting your "mouthpiece" because that's what you're paying him for. Once you get re-involved in the equation, without your attorney, that's when this whole thing is going to unravel - - including your attorney handing your file back to you.

Keep us informed.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

J

Jontue

Thank you. I figured I did the right thing, but the curiosity part of me was dying to know what kind of settlement they had to offer. Thinking if it was fair we wouldn't have to sign the papers from the Attorney. Just call me stupid for thinking, if they weren't fair back then, why would they be now? Still dying to know what kind of offer they would have now, knowing that a Lawyer is involved. But, I promise, I WON'T go there.
Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">