• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandelbrot007

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CA

Just looking for a quick thoughts so that I can act accordingly. I have a divorce trial coming up in January 2nd week. My ex-wife (divorced status only) hired a new counsel with just 2.5 months to trial. Today, I see on court calendar that a date has been reserved for hearing in the last week of November. Also I have a settlement conference in 1st week of November.

This additional hearing is going to be expensive for everyone involved. Inorder to save my time and resources, I would like this new motion being filed to be heard along with the trial. I also had plans to take vacation during that time. Is it possible to somehow have this combined with trial? Seem like my attorney hasn't been served but he may know the motion is coming as I saw in the bill that new counsel has called my attorney to introduce himself.

Should I immediately get in touch with my attorney and ask him to seek continuance?

On other note I also see that my attorney has billed me for preparing notice of Unavailability of counsel with court, but I do not see that being filed on the court. Probably he is taking a break around Thanks Giving. If so, should I ask him to include the day hearing is being booked

Thanks

Please advice..

Thanks

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
https://forum.freeadvice.com/divorce-separation-annulment-36/ex-wife-lawyer-639011.html

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/hide-information-638847.html

adjusterjack

This additional hearing is going to be expensive for everyone involved.
What is it that you and your wife are fighting scorched earth over?

What is it that the two of you can't compromise on?

What is it that is making the lawyers very happy while you two fight and fatten their bank accounts?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">