• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hearsay Protective Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Got a good question and think I know the answer but wanted others opinions.

Short Detail: Petitioner seeks for order of protection against respondent based on hearsay evidence in civil divorce case (granted). Minor children are excluded from the order 30 days after issuance (court ordered). Contact is allowed for parenting time only (court ordered).

Question: Can the petitioner in any way be held accountable for violation of their own PO?

I have looked for any published case, law, anything on this matter and have turned up nothing. I was able to find a lot of information on what happens if the accused violates the order (which I already knew).

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

Whether or not the petitioner violated the order they had granted against respondent depends on the EXACT wording of the OOP.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If the petitioner continues to contact the party that they have a restraining order against, it can be used as proof that the petitioner is NOT afraid of said party and therefore the restraining order can be removed. HOWEVER, that is if it is strictly a NO CONTACT order and not an order allowing contact for the children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">