• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hearsay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carolyn davis

What is the name of your state? Texas. My name is Carolyn and I was fired from my job yesterday. I called a meeting with the board to bring up some issues and concerns about the director. This was about 3 weeks ago so the board had a meeting this past Tuesday with the director about the issues. The next day after the meeting was held she said she wanted to meet with me. After I finished my run I went into the office.So she asked me about a statement that I made to a driver while we were talking. ote that this statement was made over a year ago but it was just brought up yesterday. The statement was 'I would get 2 crackheads to jump her when she came out of the office'.Just talking me and this other driver not meaning no harm. I said yes I made that statement but nothing was meant by it. I just find it very strange and obvious that the day after the meeting she had that this is the only thing that she could come up with so I feel that this was retaliation on me for calling the board meeting and I don't think that it was fair to bring up something that happened over a year ago and I had been with that company for 7years. So I would like to know if there is something I can do even if it means filing charges on the driver that caused me t loose my job. I feel that since the statement was not made to the director I don't see any harm done.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you had called OSHA to complain about unsafe practices in the workplace, your job would be protected from retaliation. If you had called the IRS to tell them about tax evasion being practiced by the company, you would have recourse from being fired. If you had called the EEOC to tell them that illegal discriminatory hiring was going on, you'd be safe. But unless your state law says otherwise, there is no protection from retaliation with regards to filing an internal complaint. This may be retaliatory, but it is not illegal retaliation.

It may not be fair, but nothing illegal has transpired. Sorry, wish I could give you better news.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

carolyn davis said:
What is the name of your state? Texas. My name is Carolyn and I was fired from my job yesterday. I called a meeting with the board to bring up some issues and concerns about the director. This was about 3 weeks ago so the board had a meeting this past Tuesday with the director about the issues. The next day after the meeting was held she said she wanted to meet with me. After I finished my run I went into the office.So she asked me about a statement that I made to a driver while we were talking. ote that this statement was made over a year ago but it was just brought up yesterday. The statement was 'I would get 2 crackheads to jump her when she came out of the office'.Just talking me and this other driver not meaning no harm. I said yes I made that statement but nothing was meant by it. I just find it very strange and obvious that the day after the meeting she had that this is the only thing that she could come up with so I feel that this was retaliation on me for calling the board meeting and I don't think that it was fair to bring up something that happened over a year ago and I had been with that company for 7years. So I would like to know if there is something I can do even if it means filing charges on the driver that caused me t loose my job. I feel that since the statement was not made to the director I don't see any harm done.

My response:

You said - -

"Just talking me and this other driver not meaning no harm."

"Not meaning no harm" - - that's a double negative, meaning that you did, in fact, mean to do harm.

Just from your writing capabilities, I'd fire you. If this is how you communicate in writing to us, I can only imagine how you wrote at work.

Secondly, the time element makes no difference. The fact remains, you made a "terrorist threat."

I'd fire you in a heartbeat.

IAAL

C

carolyn davis

Who asked you anyway. You could have kept your opinion to yourself. For all that I know you probably can't write yourself. So you can keep your smart remarks to yourself: who needs them nobody but YOU/./././././../////......,,,,,,,,

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Originally posted by carolyn davis

"Who asked you anyway (she said without a question mark)"

====================================

My response:

Um, you did !

This is a public bulletin board, seen all over the world through the generosity of the management and the Internet Gremlins !

You weren't writing a private letter to your Aunt Tilly, dontchaknow!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">