• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hello

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Norarios18

Hello I am from Arizona and Well I am not a US Citizen but I just applied for naturalization and did my test and passed it but I checked on the USCIS website and it said my case was submitted for quality review and its been like that for a while, I attended my test on January 22 2018 and its already been 2 months and nothing. I am waiting for the ceremony but nothing yet. I am so sad and scared because I do go to mexico every week but I only go because my husband is in mexico and we have a daughter and I take her to see him. Will that affect my citizenship??? Will they denied it? I did put on my application I have my husband in mexico. Please I need answers

FlyingRon

The operative date for the continuous presence and physical presence tests is the date you applied for naturalization. As long as you don't do anything that would be construed as abandoning residency (long absences out of the country), then you should be OK. (That is provided you met those two presence requirements at the time you applied).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">