• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! 6 months and STILL NO HELP! (Charley victim)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmbeverlin

URGENT HELP NEEDED! 6 months and STILL NO HELP! (Charley victim)

What is the name of your state?
Florida.

My name is Rachel.
I would like to first start up by saying I am a Hurricane Charley victim in Port Charlotte, FL. I need to tell you our story in detail so you understand my question.
I live in a hurricane damaged home with the owner Mr. Sullivan. This question is to do with him and his insurense company problems.
We have insurense called Newport insurense which is bought by the morgage company (CountryWide). We thought it would make things easier.
After the hurricane hit us Mr. Sullivan almost imediently filed with this insurense company (Newport Insurense). We also filed a claim with FEMA for assitanse.
Less then a month later the insurense adjuster showed up.
He showed up while Mr. Sullivan was not home so I showed him around while he was there so his visit wouldn't be wasted he also took pictures. He said he would come back when Mr. Sullivan was home but he never did. I do not think he should have gone by what all he saw when he was here, he should have same back also when Mr. Sullivan was home.
Mr Sullivan called this man on his cellphone and the man said just to fax him as we found more damage. So we spent a month getting together a list, pictures and such.
When we finally faxed it to him we recieved a letter from him in the mail on the same day. It was a list of the damage I had shown him (which was at the time we had not found it all yet), an estimate which I beleive listed 2 by fours at .49 cents a foot when our area it is over 2 dollars and GROWING and labor as .49 cents which is an amount NO ONE would work for.
The estimates added up in his head gave us 5,300 dollars. The esitimates we have gotton over the past 6 months however listed the damage as more then 50,000 dollars. We are only covered for 42,000 dollars which they say is the value of the home when we know that is not true. The value of this home before the hurricane was much more then 42,000.
We have tried calling, faxing and emailing these people with no response. We never got any response to the list we faxed.
The thing that is really messed up though is that we never got the decleration of insurense because they never got insurense even though they SAID they did. So when they realized there mistake they used there "Own" insurense company and tried to make it look like we had insurense the whole time after the hurricane. We didn't find this out until December.
Unfortunally, Lawyers not only need decleration of insurense but they also need permission for the morgage company. The morgage company won't fight there own insurense so I guess for right now its a lost cause until we find someone who can help us. But by then it may be too late the next hurricane season is growning closer and closer.
My questions are:
1: Is what the insurense/morgage company doing illegal?
2: Where can we go for help now? We have tried going to lawyers and getting help from FEMA.
3: Since we have been strugling so much and our house was worth more, can we sue for more
when we bring it to court?
4:Where can we get legal help where they where pay out of our settlement instead of us having to pay them before we get the help because we don't have any money right now, we are over 1000 dollars behind on our bills?
5: What are the steps we should take in this process?

Please help us. I am asking here because we really don't know what to do anymore.
We are both very young. I am 21 and Justin is 27 so we need help.

Last edited:

claimlaw

Hurricane Charley

Your email address is blocked on this forum.

Your situation has such a very large number of unaddressed variables that I would have to draft a manual on flood/ho claims just to cover them.

Obviously this forum is intended to help you and others. No one wants to read my 50 paragraphs on NFIP or HO losses. Plus, I don't have the time for 50 para.

Please change your Forum Profile to accept email. Perhaps we can set up a brief teleconference.

By the way: If this is a flood loss; NFIP, you cannot sue NFIP.

claimlaw

rmbeverlin

I Have my emails enabled but it says you don't. Maybe it is a bug?

I can tell you though my house wasn't flooded at all, there was water damage but that was from our front porch being blown off. (It impaled itself in our neighbors roof.)

The water soaked are entire ceiling and front wall of our home. Now it is moldy and starting to bubble and we are getting sick and we have no other place to go.

FEMA hasn't helped us either.

We accually got an estimate on the house after the damage. It is worth 85g right now. We had the wrong amount of coverage too I guess. Is there anything that can be done about that also?

Last edited:

Laconic1

"Help"

I'm a Florida resident currently experiencing similar difficulties with Citizen's Insurance and their contracted estimator, CGI, regarding the extensive damage to my beachside property in Central Florida.

Document in detail everything you do relating to your claim.

Review the website of the State Insurance Commissioner, then call the local/area office.

Good fortune!

Last edited:

shanny06978

Free legal advice

I live near Disney and I see a ton of ads for lawyers willing to help. Check around and tape (if you can't wastch daytime tv!) Sorry about your trouble. Although my house was not damaged as bad as most down there(only about 25,000 worth), I am dealing with headaches galore! Good Luck!

Laconic1

Reconsideration

I belatedly visited your website and was struck by the textbook manipulative format of solicitation scam. A cynical viewpoint, indeed...but adequate to the occasion, eh?

Care to comment in specific detail regarding the outcomes of your follow-up?

Last edited:

claimlaw

Don't waste your time.

I offered a consult on the matter. My time, my toll free, my 28 years of insurance practice on 1st party property claims and a copy of my book. No response.

You cannot help people that aren't willing to help themselves.

Claimlaw

kat1963

I questioned why there were TWO *homeowner* polices on this house. (*to make things easier? HUH?*) When there is only one actual home owner how did they take out mtg insurance?
No response.
Then wonder why they were denied help by several attorneys. Perhaps they don't want to deal with the potential criminal charges.
KAT

rmbeverlin

Wait a second.. I am not getting any emails. Are you sure you got the right address? And what do you mean about solicitation. I am sorry but we have been busy dealing with alot of stuff over the past couple of weeks. IF YOU ARE GOING TO SAY CRUEL THINGS DO NOT WRITE AT ALL! WE ARE ALREADY DEALING WITH ENOUGH! And you know what, If you don't believe my story email me and I WILL GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS SO YOU CAN COME BY MY HOUSE!

AND ALSO IF YOU READ THE STORY RIGHT WE ONLY HAD ONE POLICY. WE FOUND OUT THAT OUR MORGAGE COMPANY AND INSURANSE COMPANY WERE IN FACT THE SAME COMPANY! IT IS CALLED A FORCED POLICY WHICH IS WHY WE CAN'T GET HELP.

DID YOU EVEN BOTHER TO LOOK AT THE LAST TIME I WAS ONLINE BEFORE YOU STARTED MAKING THESE CRUEL COMMENTS??

YOU ARE ALL HEARTLESS!!!!!

Last edited:

rmbeverlin

You know what? Screw it.. you guys would rather make accuations about me then ask me questions.. so FINE.

Just to let you know we haven't been online for a little while. We have been busy. Maybe you didn't understand my story..but DO NOT start calling me a criminal. I DID not have two homeowners policies. And I haven't been recieving your emails at [email protected] so try [email protected]. But don't start making accuations.. we are going through enough. And like I said if you want to come and see our home and all our hurricane papers and stuff email me and I will give you our address since you think I am such a lier.

Also I want to know.. How am I performing a solitiation scam??

Last edited:

rmbeverlin

There I edited my story to make it easier to understand.

My website is also going to be moved to another address so I can add more things.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">