• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help being kicked Out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ravenwood

What is the name of your state? Idaho

Here is the situation. I am leasing a home with the option to buy. Last month I recieved a notice that my rent was two days late. So I promptly paid the required amount and thought all was done. Well I didn't read the full lettere. I was giving me 30 days notice to pay the back taxes and water bill. As I knew these were my responsibilities I thought I had some more time to take care of them.

Needless to say 30 days went buy and I was served with eviction notice telling me I have 30 days to vacate the premisis. As I would like to not have to move I contacted the landlord immediatly and asked if we could work this out. I am willing to take care of both the taxes and water with in a the next 30 days the landlord didn't seem interested. What are my options?

BL

If your rent to buy stated those were your responsibility and you breached the contract the LL has every right to evict you .

Since you now have money , consult a LL tenant or real estate Attorney in your area for a small fee .

fairlight

You admit that you were given 30 day's notice to pay the back taxes and water bill, which you didn't do. You aren't doing the landlord a favor by offering to pay the taxes and water bill in the next 30 days, and he's under no obligation to believe or oblige you since you didn't meet your obligation to begin with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">