• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! Child support question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Daycakes

What is the name of your state? California

I have a question. 3 months ago I took my Ex to court for Custody and Child Support of our child.
We ended up 50/50 joint and Physical.

Child Support- I also took him to court cause I was paying 150$ week (which equals to 600 a month) for Child Day Care which was way too much for me. My ex has his own business and I KNOW he doesnt report all the money he makes but thats not the issue I just want him to help me out. I only work part time cause my job is cutting a lot of employees at the moment.

when it came to negotiating the Child support he was suppose to give my son 415$ based on the Annual income tax he has reporting the past 10 years or pay 600$ of the day care cause I could not longer afford Since I started working part time.

Long story short my ex told the judge the he will rather pay the 600$ of Child Day Care (Instead of the Child Support) Because he didnt want my sons life style to change Since he has been having the routine for awhile.
AND I AGREE TO THAT.

The following day HE TOOK MY SON OUT OF DAY CARE because he told me he couldnt afford it.
My son stopped going to day care the week that he was under his father'S care because he didnt want to pay.
Finally after talking to him and telling him to put my son back in Child care he agreed to ONLY pay the weeks my son
is with me.
( I Have my son EVERY OTHER week since we do have 50/50) So my son was only going to Child Care 2 weeks out of the month instead of the whole month like he was doing.

Last week he took my son out of CHILD CARE again and put him into a school, which im completely ok with.
I told him that he needed to help me with CHILD SUPPORT and he told me NO BECAUSE HE WAS UNEMPLOYED and
that I needed to pay him.

ALL HE WAS BEEN DOING IS TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM PAYING ANYTHING FOR OUR CHILD AND HE IS NO
CONSISTED WITH ANYTHING AND CHANGES MY CHILD'S LIFE BASED ON HIS BEST CONVENIENCE. I NEED SOMETHING MORE RELIABLE AND STABLE.

Im taking him BACK to court, for child support.
WILL HE BE ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH NOT PAYING CHILD SUPPORT????

How does the System work or based it on? PLEASE HELP !!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? California

I have a question. 3 months ago I took my Ex to court for Custody and Child Support of our child.
We ended up 50/50 joint and Physical.

Child Support- I also took him to court cause I was paying 150$ week (which equals to 600 a month) for Child Day Care which was way too much for me. My ex has his own business and I KNOW he doesnt report all the money he makes but thats not the issue I just want him to help me out. I only work part time cause my job is cutting a lot of employees at the moment.

when it came to negotiating the Child support he was suppose to give my son 415$ based on the Annual income tax he has reporting the past 10 years or pay 600$ of the day care cause I could not longer afford Since I started working part time.

Long story short my ex told the judge the he will rather pay the 600$ of Child Day Care (Instead of the Child Support) Because he didnt want my sons life style to change Since he has been having the routine for awhile.
AND I AGREE TO THAT.

The following day HE TOOK MY SON OUT OF DAY CARE because he told me he couldnt afford it.
My son stopped going to day care the week that he was under his father'S care because he didnt want to pay.
Finally after talking to him and telling him to put my son back in Child care he agreed to ONLY pay the weeks my son
is with me.
( I Have my son EVERY OTHER week since we do have 50/50) So my son was only going to Child Care 2 weeks out of the month instead of the whole month like he was doing.

Last week he took my son out of CHILD CARE again and put him into a school, which im completely ok with.
I told him that he needed to help me with CHILD SUPPORT and he told me NO BECAUSE HE WAS UNEMPLOYED and
that I needed to pay him.

ALL HE WAS BEEN DOING IS TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM PAYING ANYTHING FOR OUR CHILD AND HE IS NO
CONSISTED WITH ANYTHING AND CHANGES MY CHILD'S LIFE BASED ON HIS BEST CONVENIENCE. I NEED SOMETHING MORE RELIABLE AND STABLE.

Im taking him BACK to court, for child support.
WILL HE BE ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH NOT PAYING CHILD SUPPORT????

How does the System work or based it on? PLEASE HELP !!!
Why are you underemployed? Why aren't you working full time? Why haven't you applied to Title XX? You seem to be doing things on your convenience as well. You may end up paying him child support depending on why he is unemployed.

t74

How old is the child? Do you have right of first refusal in your visitation/custody orders? Are your jobs such that they have the same working hours?

Junction

Did you not agree to no child support in lieu of daycare? It's good you have requested a hearing, but he currently owes you only what is ordered, which appears to be $0, Good luck at your hearing.

286CSO

Child support 101: Child support is fluid. If circumstances change, parents’ incomes change, child enrolls in/withdraws from daycare or school, then child support can and should be looked at and possibly modified.

In fact, nearly every state has provision for periodic review.

Stop being so melodramatic and take a deep breath.
If your order isn’t already being handled by your state’s CSED, then take your copy in and ask them to help you modify and enforce for what will amount to a nominal cost to you. (Far less than an attorney.) If it is being handled by your state’s CSED, then make a phone call or write a letter requesting a review based on a significant change in circumstances. Or go pay an attorney to bring a motion to modify support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">