• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Dishwasher floods...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gamanda

New Mexico

We have been renting a new townhouse ( we're the first tenants) for 3 months. The dishwasher has flooded 7 times. I've reported it ( very pleasantly) each time & the handyman has come to look at it, but it keeps on flooding. A week ago it flooded again & I called & reported it, but it wasn't followed up on. Today I called & the property manager was very rude about it, like I am being a pest. It has ruined a rug I own ( $150 to replace) though I have not mentioned it to them. I am kind of at the end of my rope on this & would like to be able to use my dishwasher. Any advice on how to deal with this??

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gail in Georgia

Report it in writing. And make sure that the drain isn't clogged with food left on the plates (that happened to me at home one time). In the meantime, wash the dishes by hand.

Gail

HomeGuru

New Mexico

We have been renting a new townhouse ( we're the first tenants) for 3 months. The dishwasher has flooded 7 times. I've reported it ( very pleasantly) each time & the handyman has come to look at it, but it keeps on flooding. A week ago it flooded again & I called & reported it, but it wasn't followed up on. Today I called & the property manager was very rude about it, like I am being a pest. It has ruined a rug I own ( $150 to replace) though I have not mentioned it to them. I am kind of at the end of my rope on this & would like to be able to use my dishwasher. Any advice on how to deal with this??

Thanks in advance for any advice.
**A: read the L/T law and follow it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">