• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP!! FTA for ticket i paid for!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? california.
i got a ticket in march 2004. in california you can do a trial by written declaration where you send a check for the bail amount and then explain what happened. then they review your statement and a statement the police officer sends. anyways so i send it in and i wait like 2 months and i dont hear anything. i call the court to ask whats the status on it and they ask for my citation number and i give it to them. they said its still in progress and to wait a month or so. i wait and call again like 2 months later and its still in progress. i called last month in december again and they said the guy is on vacation or something and will be back in 2 weeks and it should be reviewed by then. today i just got a ****ing ticket in the mail for 441 dollars for failure to appear. what can i do!?! can i request a trial? i would hire a lawyer but it seems that it wouldnt be worth it??



Did the check clear?

Ask the court clerk if the court can give you a trial date and withdraw the warrant.


Senior Member
Ditto SeniorJudge's comment. Get a copy of the canceled check and schedule a court appearance. Bring all the documents with you - including dates and times you contacted the court if you have them.

This would not be the first time there was a foul-up like this in the traffic division of a courthouse in CA.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential