• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! Gap Insurance Nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jpongo

What is the name of your state? Indiana (but the car was purchased in Maryland and the Gap company is located there)
I was in an accident this past year and totaled my car - "luckily" we had Gap insurance which would cover the difference between the totaled value and what we owed. Recently we discovered that the Gap company short paid on the remaining amount by approx. $500, and the loan co. is now charging us this amount PLUS and additional $700 for lateness. I cannot get anyone from the Gap company to return my calls as to why this was not all paid (they did have a rather extensive list of compliances to be met for payment, but we were in compliance) - Please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">