• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! got summons today. his ex is taking us to court for visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rhargrove

What is the name of your state? Al

we have a long story but i will try to make it short. my husband divorced his ex in 1999. he was ordered to pay child support. after a few months he lost his job and got a few months behind. she moved with his son and when we found her he went to see him. he didnt see him for about 2 months. well we got served on the child support ..we didnt mind paying at all if we had it. well we started pay8ing it..when we got visitation again his son (who was 4 then) had a speech inpediment. couldnt talk much. his son (4) told us that his step father had been doing things to him. we notified the authorities and DHR (they were on her side) they rule dthat it was an accident!!! anyways we persuaded DHR to let us keep him (buy a little time to file for custody. DHR actually told us to bring him back and I told the lady we would after we went straight to our lawyer to see if it was legal. well they must have been doing something wrong so the DHR lady pursuaded my husbands ex wife that the child might be better off with us since we had him in speech therapy and school..we got temporary custody until court. well she didnt even show up so the judgement was for us. she was ordered to pay child support and paid one month and quit her job. we didnt file anything. well for over a year she has not seen him and we got summoned today that she is taking us back to court for her visitation rights b/c the judge ruled in our favor without notifing her of court. this girl is 2000.00 behind in child support and has made no attempt to see him. in the summons paper stoday it had lies all the way through out it saying we would not let her have visitation.. here is what our papers say about vivsitation (that she shall have visitation that is agreeable upon him (my husband) and what ever seems appropriate for the well being of him. she said we made false allegations about her and her husband about the sexual abuse. we would never do that. what are our chances at this. also, when she was trying to get him she would call and never show up to get him..he would get so upset. he used to come to us every weekend with lice and filthy..we want to protect him from that..please help thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">