• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help! how to write a motion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stephanie9300

I live in the state of louisiana. I can't seem to find anyone to help me. my fiance needs to go to court for visitation on his second child who is 1. he pays child support on both children as well as medical coverage. The oldest child is 5 and he has visitation on him. The problem is that attorney fees here to go to court are killing our pocket books. I called the courthouse and was told i could file a motion and order for a hearing on my own and just pay to have it served which is great, but no one there is allowed to help with the paper work. i dont know where to start in writing a motion. if anyone has any ideas or help please advise. He has not seen his second chidl in 10 months and it is killing him. Please help with info on writing a motion and order for a hearing in the state of lousiana :confused:

Zephyr

google for Louisiana Family Court forms, does the court house have a self help center? has dad contacted and father's rights organizations in the area?

tigger22472

I agree with the others because LA is different then the other 49 states when it comes to laws so I'm not sure their format.

stephanie9300

Louisiana is very different than other states.. its the only state that gives you the run around for everything. There is no self help center in our courthouse which is ashame considering when i looked at other states. i never thought of a paralegal i will look into that hopefully it will be cheaper thanks any more help is always welcomed

eyemback

stephanie9300 said:
Louisiana is very different than other states.. its the only state that gives you the run around for everything. There is no self help center in our courthouse which is ashame considering when i looked at other states. i never thought of a paralegal i will look into that hopefully it will be cheaper thanks any more help is always welcomed
Unfortunately, this is a trend in courts all over the US. They are very much against pro se litigants. It's a good thing paralegals are starting to pop-up. Although they aren't lawyers, it's great to rely on them to do the paperwork for a minimal cost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">