• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!! I need to see my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Virginia
I recently was charged with assault of the mother of my three year old son. I have witnesses that prove my innocence. However, I can not have contact with the mother until our court date. This prevents me from seeing my son on court ordered visitation days. Court may not be until a couple of months from now. I don't want my son to think his father doesn't want to see him. Is there anything I can do?

king sol

Have a third party accompany you to the pick-up site. Stay in the car or within the proper distance. If this does not work, take a police officer with you and the third person.


PO are for the adults....ours specifically state that they in NOWAY interfer w/ visitation.....and most PO dont take months to get in to see the judge...do they??
Although I do agree I would do pick ups w/ third party.....maybe at police dept....or child welfare.... does the order say you have supervised visits w/ child??? If not I wouldnt agree to that....you have a right to your child as long as you have caused no harm to child or showed you were a threat..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential